Real Estate Pre-development Loan
The Real Estate Pre-development Loan product is designed to provide up front higher risk capital for pre-development activities. LCC understands borrowers’ needs and provides flexibility to enable high-impact preservation developments to move forward.
Current criteria for this loan product are as follows:
- Eligibility: Non-profit and for-profit entities; qualified Low-to-Moderate Income (LMI) census tracts
- Uses: Building/land acquisition, site development, environmental surveys, appraisals, taxes, insurance, legal fees, architectural and consultant fees
- Loan Amount Range: $5,000 — $500,000
- Max Loan-to-Value: 100%
- Max Term: 24 months
- Rate: 6% — 8% (based on risk)
- Collateral: Property or other assets acceptable to LCC
- Payment: Interest only; P&I with balloon at maturity (dependent on what deal can support and borrower)
- Fees: $100 non-refundable application fee; up to 2 points origination fee
Note that exceptions to these criteria may be made when a borrower is seeking both a pre-development and construction/rehab loan, or under extraordinary circumstances.